What Led to a Deadly Swimming Pool Carbon Monoxide Leak?

The Washington Post recently reported on a deadly incident that occurred at a hotel involving a swimming pool carbon monoxide leak. Per the article in the Post, 12 people were injured and a 13-year-old boy died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The incident took place at an indoor pool at a Quality Inn & Suites in Michigan. As a hotel employee was walking by the pool area, he noticed people passed out on the pool’s deck. Hotel staff members and first responders removed the 13 people from the pool area, attempted to resuscitate them and transported them to the hospital. The 13-year-old boy died on the way to the hospital.

WNDU-TV reported that the carbon monoxide levels in the pool area at the time of the incident were 16 times the normal level. According to a report in The Huffington Post, authorities believe a defective pool heater led to the carbon monoxide leak. Apparently, the hotel did not have a carbon monoxide detector in the pool area.

What Can the Families of Wrongful Death Victims Do to Fight Back?

In the following video, personal injury attorney Daniel Jeck explains how wrongful death cases work and how they help families to hold individuals and businesses responsible if their negligence leads to the death of a loved one.

The attorneys at our Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and nationwide law firm have been successfully protecting the rights of injury victims and their families for years, including securing several multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements for clients.

As founder and senior shareholder of the firm, personal injury lawyer Stewart J. Eisenberg has represented victims of catastrophic injury and wrongful death for more than 35 years. He is one of the region’s most accomplished trial lawyers, with a long list of awards and recognition.